Love

Love

Monday, March 28, 2011

4 Month Well Visit

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 19 1/2 in long, head was 35cm 2 months: 9lbs 5oz, 23 in long, head 38.8 cm 4 months: 10lbs 12oz, 24 1/2 in long, head 41.6 cm We're going to start him on a higher calorie formula to help him gain some weight. He's 50% for length, 30% for his head circumference and almost falling off the charts for his weight. (I don't know that %.) I will probably start his vaccines next month. Starting with the Hib..... As the doctor came in the office she said, "see I told you he didn't need the genetic test done!" I said, "ok, but here's my question for you! The cardiologist was pretty sure he had the 5p or cri du chat syndrome. It's a partial deletion of the 5th chromosome. Would this test have showed that?? She said that she thought it would have or at the very least they would have written that more testing should be done, if they noticed something abnormal. She said she had heard of cri du chat but has never had a child with it. She went and got a reference manual. we looked through it together and talked more about it. She is going to order a blood test for him that will specifically take a closer look at the 5th chromosome. I'm happy about this and happy too, b/c she seemed very hopeful that if he does have an abnormality that she's guessing it will be a small one which means that the symptoms are less severe. Once we get his blood drawn again for this specific testing, it will take at least another 6 weeks before we get the results back. So, lets not hold our breaths!! :) By that time we'll probably be getting close to the appointment we have scheduled with the geneticist in Dallas. She said that Thomas looked very good but that she really wants him to gain more weight. Once he's been on the higher calorie formula for two weeks she wants to recheck his weight. She was very attentive to my thoughts and concerns and addressed them. She was also very positive about his development and how he looked compared to the last time. She also reminded me that I can't compare him to our other sweet kids who hit many milestones early. All in all it was a good appointment. I'm glad to keep moving forward! We'll just keep on loving him more and more each day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi-
I have been following your blog! Please forgive me for not emailing or sending a card to let you know care. Little Thomas is in our prayers daily! We are also praying for strength and lots of rest for both you and Rob. Im so glad to hear that you have some good news!!!! Kiss Thomas for me. And know we are only a phone call away if you need us.

Love you guys-
Kitty