She pointed to The Special K snack bars.
She thoughtfully said, "Well, I really want these ones but it says, 'lose 1 inch in 2 weeks' and I don't want to lose 1 inch in 2 weeks."
Holding back laughter, I had to convince her that it didn't apply to her, only adults who follow the Special K program, and most the time that doesn't work either. She eventually chose the bars and the kids enjoyed them, the favorite being the chocolatey drizzle. :)
Later that evening, I was telling Rob about it and wondered where she thought she would lose that inch. (We don't talk about losing inches around here.) I asked her today and she said, "from your body."
*******************************************************************
Thomas had Dr's appointments yesterday and after spending month after month at 17-18 #'s and 26 1/2 inches, he finally broke 20#s and 29.25 inches! That explains the leaking out of size 3 diapers and fitting into the size 4! Yay Big Boy!!! He has also found his voice. No babbles but he definitely knows he can make noise to get our attention and the noise can be loud and excitable!
********************************************************************
We went to NE last week to look for a house. On our drive down, the kids were fantastic as usual. We saw a horrible accident from beginning to end and thankfully the heavenly Angels stopped the car in the median and only debris hit our car as we drove 75mph in the opposite lane. We called 911 and then said a Rosary for those involved. I looked it up on the web on our way home and found that all involved were ok, with non life-threatening injuries. Praise God.
We continued on our drive and I would look back at the children and thank God for keeping us safe. I smiled at Anthony and winked at him. He looked at me through the corner of his eyes, smiled and winked back at me. Oh man. I'm telling you, it wasn't any old wink. I think it was the sweetest smile and most sincere wink I've ever received from this child. Absolutely, incredibly, heart-melting. Words cannot describe.
*********************************************************************
Yesterday, after calling Bella cute to her face, she crossed her arms, stomped her feet, frowned her brows and told me, "you always call me cute, never ever, ever call me cute again." I'm pretty sure she meant it because she ended scene with throwing her body backward onto the couch.
*********************************************************************
We found a house in Bellevue, we are so excited about this house. Here are a few pictures!
| Front of the house! |
| Looking down into the living room from the stairs |
| The basement is huge! (The picture doesn't do justice) There is a fireplace, storage, extra little room, wet bar and 3/4 bath! |
| The kitchen, off the living room! |
*******************************************************
This morning we experimented trying to make a rocket using baking soda and vinegar. It didn't work but the kids did like the volcanoes that came from it.
We also made our own little river for boat races. Idea found in the fun and family magazine.
| homemade boats |
| homemade river! |
After they ran through the sprinkler for hours!
We came in and had lunch. I let them watch a little movie. As we were going through movies, it was apparent that they weren't going to agree on a movie so I picked one and made it final. Grace made it subtly known that she wasn't happy with the choice by saying in a weird, sweet voice, "maybe you aren't the best mom in the whole world." I forced myself to have no reaction whatsoever. That was about an hour ago and just now she came up to me and was just hanging around me, not saying anything. I looked at her and asked what was up. She said, "I was just thinking about how I said maybe you weren't the best mom but then I starting thinking about all the giving and stuff you do for us...." She trailed off and then gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Thank you Grace. I love you.
****
~Off to make more memories~
2 comments:
Oh Kristi, I just loved reading everything' especially about Grace reconsidering her words to you. It is just like her to think about it, and then come and basically tell you she is sorry, and give you that wonderful hug and kiss. She is such a dear! Bella IS cute...and funny!! Anthony has winked at me before too, so I know how your heart can melt over that one! The time Anthony winked at me he said in his sweet voice, " how about you come downstairs and play with me", ( wink) how could I refuse? Thomas is growing! Praise God for so many prayers being answered! He is precious, that little Thomas, a special gift to our family! Love you dear daughter! Hugs to you, Mom.
Kristie- the house looks awesome. And I really like the garden!
Post a Comment