Love

Love

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"God-inspired"

I found a book yesterday full of daily meditations.  I pulled it out and laid it on our breakfast bar.  Just a second ago, I picked it up and sipped on my coffee while listening to Pandora, getting the kids breakfast, putting the laundry in, getting things ready for swim lessons, picking up the kitchen before we go and hoping to run the dishwasher that I actually meant to run last night but was distracted before I could press start....
Anyway, back to today's meditation, which obviously I was heartily ready to meditate on as any mother is!

I read the first line and laughed seriously, laughed out loud.  "You have entered now upon a mountain climb." OK, lets just all pause a moment while we belly laugh.  I know I haven't written in a while so no one knows what is going on in our crazy lives right now but let me assure you, you would be belly laughing so hard you would have a six pack by the time you stopped.

The rest follows as this, "steep steps leap upward, but your power to help others will be truly marvelous.  Not alone will you arise.  All toward whom you now send loving, pitying thoughts will be helped upward by you.  Looking to Me all your thoughts are God-inspired.  Act on them and you will be led on.  They are not your won impulses but the movement of My Spirit and, obeyed, will bring the answer to your prayers.  Love and Trust.  Let no unkind thoughts of any dwell in your hearts, then I can act with all My Spirit- Power, with nothing to hinder."


After reading this, I had to stop everything to write this down here.  If this is the only day in the next year that  I read a meditation from this book, I am thankful that I got to read this.  God's timing is perfect.  My heart is in training and desires to be perfected by him.  And part of it's journey is to climb a mountain, probably several million through life. And that's OK.  My heart goes on knowing that this is what God is giving these times to us so we can offer them back to him.  My prayer is that these sacrifices and offerings help others and are not in vain.  They go toward His greater glory and maybe will help others find His peace along their own journey up the mountain.  Heaven is the goal.

Hope this touches your heart in the way only the Holy Spirit can.  We're all on the journey together.

In Christ....


Oh, the book was God-Calling
Got to go, swim lessons starts in 6 mins and T is still in his pjs!!

No comments: