Love

Love

Monday, August 09, 2010

Pictures

Bowling Fun! Grace stops to pose for a picture and Anthony is too busy getting spares. He has no time to pause for Momma. I could not catch him one time. All my pictures are of him running away from me. The kids love bowling and Bella loves clapping and watching the balls go down the lane. I like dancing to the music but I usually get "mom, stop." Apparently, parental embarrassment starts early. Bella cheese'n it up!
Bella trying out the potty with Grace and Anthony cheering her on. Little success but we're on the right road! And it really doesn't get any cuter than this!!


Gran and Gramps sent each of the kids money for their Birthdays. THANK YOU!! We had so much fun going to the Dollar tree and picking out toys, counting our money and buying whatever we wanted! Grace got decor for her room, a ball, juggling balls, and a racket with a bouncy ball. Anthony got 2 monster trucks and 1 race car. Happiest boy in the world. Bella picked the yellow ball.


Here's something that is quite usual at our house. Parties, especially tea parties, birthday parties or a blankets covering couches, books set up for enjoyment, dolls, toys randomly placed, anything and everything pulled out from any nook or cranny.... type of party. Always a grand time!
Looks like fun doesn't it?! mmm, sweet tea and sweet kids too!!













Today (July 19th), Grace and Anthony had their well-visit check. It's always interesting going on base. We have yet to see the same doctor when we go in. Not a very personal experience, to say the least. The doctors are usually pretty friendly though. The kids did great and were their cute, cheery selves. They're growing and healthy and all is good. I always do dread the dreaded vaccine chat, over and over since we never see the same person twice. No, my children's vaccines are not "up to date" Yes, I do vaccinate my children. It's just a delayed schedule. I get the look of disapproval from the doctor then we move on. Today, though, I wanted to get their blood drawn (a titer test) to check their immunity. They were exposed to chicken pox, and got a very mild case of chickenpox. So I want to see if they're immune. If so, then I do not have to give them the vaccine for it. The doctor says, "well if you're going to poke them to draw their blood, why not just give them the vaccine?" Obviously, he doesn't understand where I'm coming from and apparently wasn't listening to a word I had said. I told him, again, that if they didn't need the vaccine, I would rather not inject an unnecessary vaccine in their little bodies. My kids do fine with needles and pokes. It's not about the poke or the ouch. He reluctantly said yes. I reiterated that I wanted all the titers checked. I wanted the MMR, Diphtheria, tetanus, HIB, varicella-zoster ... He said, "no" I explained again that if we're drawing blood for chicken pox can we please just test it all. That way if they have sufficient immunity there would be no need for boosters. No, again... Well, he was nice to the kids and they liked his silly duck hat.





We did go up to the lab for their blood draws. The kids were excited and Grace explained that she may cry a little but that would be ok and she could still get a sucker afterward. I confirmed that it was ok and she still would get her red-heart sucker. Grace went first and was AWESOME. No tears, watched the lab-tech the whole time and loved the pink bandage with purple hearts. Anthony was just as brave. Sat down with out one trace of fear in his eyes. He watched and didn't complain one bit. Grace said, "see, just a little poke." He got a green bandage with blue dinosaurs. They got stickers, toys and suckers not to mention the awe from the staff on what a fabulous job they did! Grace is holding her toy in the picture. we played with the toys all the way down the elevator with smiles and giggles. I was and am so proud of them.





We haven't heard back yet, I suppose I'll be calling in a few days to see what the results were on the vericella.





All smiles (and the weird dragon-thingy from the lab.)










Our days of summer continue with lots of swimming, sprinklers and ice-cream. Bella finished her ice cream bar very quickly and then mooched off Grace. Bella has the best big sister in the world!!






I love these toes and fingers!! I could eat them up. Grace has said, on many occasions, "I love the back of Bella's neck." "I love Bella's arms." "I love Bella's feet." "I love how Bella walks." Really, the list could go on and on!






We love all three of them.













Just for fun, one night we made Grape-Floats. They were enjoyed down to the last drop!
















Bella, once again, was the first to finish her ice cream and discovered that Anthony had left his up for grabs. She climbed up the picnic table to take a big sip.











Making cookies for my little cookies, in the end it made me a little kooky.


















Here's baby at 24 weeks!










1 comment:

Becca said...

You look SOO Great!! I love ALL the pictures of the kids. We need to hang out before you head on vacation!