Love

Love

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Facebook Farewell

(In no particular order of importance)

1. I have a lot more time than I realized to clean.

2. I don't like cleaning

3. I spend more time with my kids (I like them waaaaay better than cleaning.)

4. I'm not as frustrated with myself for procrastinating so much.

5. I have a lot of random thoughts that I'd actually really like to share with people! IE:
*I really dislike when I pick up a wash cloth and realize that it really stinks. I wash my hands several times after holding this stinky rag but somehow my hands still smell stinky.
*I really wanted a DQ blizzard yesterday with Reeses cups and hot fudge on top (not mixed in, b/c it melts the ice cream.)
I'm sure these are things facebook friends would want to know or could possibly relate to, right? Like facebook said, "you're going to be missed on facebook." *sigh*

6. I receive 2 emails a day now instead of 30. (Apparently I'm not missed that much!)

7. It actually does feel a bit lonely not getting "news fed" through my email!

8. I also feel a little "cut-off" from having "contact" with people.

9. I liked sharing laughs, seeing pictures, sharing in excitement or good news of friends. (Like a very good friend who just got Engaged or a good friend who just got married!)

10. Why did I get off facebook? (I'm asking this to myself!!) Not so much b/c of security or safety, I do have a public blog... I do think it took too much of my time away from those in my own house, probably even extra prayer time. (and honestly, I don't think I was on it all that much.) And as much as it helped with being "in contact" with others, it felt very impersonal. Plus, you can't ignore a constant nagging inside you telling you to do something. Actually, you can, and I did for a little bit until Rob came home with news of his first TDY court. (meaning he'll have to travel for a week to another base to assist in a trial. (yay for him, boo for me.) I really wanted to complain about this on facebook and decided that instead I just needed to quit. Plus, I have a blog to write and show my true feelings instead of just one-lined complaints! :) Those feelings will have to be for another post, another time, after lots of prayer.

11. "Status update:" Kristi Black just ate left over pizza and a few of daddy's homemade waffles for breakfast. It's Sunday and God is Good!

12. I don't really have a # 12 but as I kept writing numbers it reminded me of the Big 10 conference and so I had to create a #12 for something!! So, my # 12 is:
GOOOOO BIIIIIIG RED!!


1 comment:

Jennie said...

You've inspired me, Kristi...I've been debating whether or not to get rid of my facebook for a while, and decided yesterday to take a break for a lot of the reasons you list.