Robbie and I were watching our movie when his keen ears perked up. "Is someone crying?" We muted the T.V. to hear Anthony screaming at the top of his lungs. By the time I got up to the room, Robbie was there talking to Anthony, "what's wrong Fella? Did you have a bad dream?" We couldn't make any sense of what Anthony was saying. Rob picked him up and held him in his arms. I wanted so badly to take him and hold him in mine. Instead, I kissed his forehead. He felt very warm. I went down stairs to get the thermometer. Daddy brought Anthony down stairs, talking to him, holding him, making him laugh in-between his cries. His temp was 102 point-something. We gave him Tylenol and took him outside to see the stars. Poor little guy was shaking. Daddy held his little boy, talking to him about the stars, the stop lights turning from green to red, to green again. We heard a train's whistle and found the glowing Sonic sign. We saw a plane, moving quickly across the sky with it's lights blinking. Anthony said he wants that plane for his birthday (along with a street cleaning "sweeper truck" and a blue baseball cake.).
I sat there watching them. I was so thankful to have only kissed Anthony's forehead instead of taking him out of daddy's arms to comfort him myself. The moment that I was witnessing was something I'd cherish for a long time. I love watching my husband with our son. Our children are so blessed to have their Daddy. He's the greatest.
1 comment:
What a nice memory. I love those daddy moments too! I hope Anthony's feeling better.
Post a Comment