Love

Love

Sunday, May 30, 2010

a new hospital

Today I accompanied a friend on a tour of the hospital. She's due in 2 weeks and her hubby was out of town this weekend and couldn't go with her.
This will be my 4th hospital to deliver at. There's nothing "big deal" about this hospital. There's not much to the LDR or the postpartum rooms and I'm pretty sure they don't give out the big plastic cups like they do at St Elizabeth's in Lincoln. (I LOVE THAT CUP!!) I think the best thing about the tour today was how it reminded me of last year and taking the tour in Lincoln with Grace. She loved seeing where Momma was going to be when the baby was born and where she could come visit and how they gave her a special bracelet just because she was the "big sister." She was so attentive, soaking it all in. Today, it made me smile thinking about her and her sweet face through out the last tour we were on together.

As the lady talked about this hospital, the rooms, the staff, the procedures. It was inevitable that I would think about my last experience. This time, my heart was lifted. I couldn't help but smile. I thought about the nurses, my sister, our families... you were all so helpful, so caring, so understanding. My heart was breaking for my husband, but I wasn't alone and I was surrounded by love. Thank you, thank you all for everything.

Lastly, she took us to post-partum. I thought about what it would be like to hold a precious new life again. What it feels like after laboring and seeing the face of your child for the first time after months of not being able to picture him or her. My heart was filled with peace.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Such a nice post, but it leaves a question for the asking: Delivering a fourth time? Fill me in!!