Dominican sisters to appear on Oprah Winfrey Show :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)
As I child, I grew up with nuns, dressed in full habits. I often think about how Grace and Anthony haven't. At Mass last weekend, I saw a nun, habit and all, poke her head into church toward the end. I thought excitedly, "oh my gosh, do they have religious community here?" Sadly, these sweet sisters were not from around here but from Nebraska... go figure, right?! They were here for a mission, to bless the homes of families and consecrate families to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Most Immaculate Heart of Mary. It was wonderful speaking with them and wonderful to see them and our children interacting. Who knows, maybe one of our Children will be called to the religious life!!
I have fond memories from my childhood and beautiful moments from high school and college when I could go to the Pink Sister's Eucharistic Adoration chapel or visit the Marian Sisters for a retreat. I loved meeting the Carmelite Sisters and learning from the Christ the King sisters in Grade school. What Beautiful examples of Christ and His Love are they. When I was 19, I Volunteered with the Missionaries of Charity for 3 months. I would have to say, it was one of the most important and incredible times in my life. They are amazing and I hope I get the opportunity to have myself and my family volunteer again with them someday.
My point to all this is that I feel saddened that I do not see Nuns around any more. If we do see a Nun or a Sister, we do not know that they are one until speaking to them because they do not wear their Habits. I do not understand this.
I'm not a fan of Oprah but I will be turning her on tomorrow. When I worked as a Nurse in Michigan, I had a few of the Dominican Sisters come to the Doctor that I worked for, I remember them well... it's hard to forget those who shine with the light of Christ!
More and more young people are being called and answering God's call. Hearts are open to His Will, they are on fire for Christ and are spreading the Gospel. This is a beautiful thing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment