Love

Love

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I just found this unpublished post... from June 6th, 2012. Time sure goes by fast!!!

  So much has been going on around here and when night falls my brain simply can no longer function!  Tonight is the  last night that Anthony will be four years old and my washer has presents on it that still need to be wrapped but I'm waiting a little longer just in case someone would come downstairs for whatever reason.  I still hear someone up moving around!  I'm sure with the excitement of a birthday around the corner, it's a little hard to fall asleep!

We have now finished up our curriculum for the school year.  I'm looking forward to this month of book reading and little activities.  I have found a website that has little lessons on virtues with activities and books to go along with them.  I'm excited to do those with the kids for a little activity and reading time.  As I look back on the year, I'm trying to remember all the things we accomplished instead of the things I wasn't able to do with them for one reason or another.  Or that just got pushed to the wayside because of lack of time and energy!  So, focusing on the positive, we finished our Classical Conversations curriculum, our Math, Handwriting and Spelling.  Anthony has been working on reading and has done a really good job this year.  I slowed down with his 100 Easy Lessons book and simply wanted to just read to him more often.  I also got him some easy readers books.  He was doing well with his lessons but was not wanting to read in general!  He's turning five tomorrow, so I'm in no rush for him to read but I do want him to have a love for books and reading.  So that's my goal right now!

Anyway, the kids are really excited to be done with "school" and are enjoying swimming, biking, tree climbing, digging for roley-poleys (sp?) and watching Swiss Family Robinson... which has given Anthony many more ideas!  I know the kids are still excited about our new house but I have been hearing a lot about how they REALLY want to have a tree house and live on an island.  I proposed Grand Island, which only puzzled them but they were thankful to hear there were no pirates there since it's nowhere near Africa.  

We are counting down the days and checking off the list for our move.  It's coming up so quick that I have a perpetual pain in my head/eye, especially at night which makes typing on the computer much more enjoyable.  :)  Rob's job has been wonderfully busy the last month and isn't slowing down anytime soon.  We looking forward to the move simply to have family time and relax!  Haha, that's our goal anyway!  Just like that goal of internal peace that comes only from God!!  It's good God gives us busy times like these to work on that!  To have peace in the mist of chaos!

pictures to enjoy....













sun shining through!


This is the actual color of the sky.  I didn't change it at all!




same sky as above only different direction and different color!  What a crazy storm it was!



No comments: