Thomas is having surgery a week from today. I meant to write yesterday but ran out of time and remembered at 11 pm! Anyway, He would love prayers so that he can stay healthy to be able to go into surgery and also for surgery, so all goes well! The ENT will perform a 1/2 tonsilectomy, (they're worried about him bleeding to much with a whole tonsilectomy) and a 1/2 adenoidectomy( food comes out of his nose when he eats so they want to leave 1/2 the adenoids to help with the "lazy muscle" that is between the nose and throat), put tubes in both ears, check his nose with a "straight scope" (he has frequent bloody noses) and she will do another ABR (which is a sedated hearing test.). His Opthamologist will perform strabismus surgery. The pulmonologist will do another bronchioscopy, to check if his throat is any bigger or stronger for future heart surgery. The cardiologist will come in at the end and do a "transesophogeal-Echocardiogram" to see if anything has changed with his heart. Last time the doc said the left side was a little enlarged already due to the holes and irregular hook ups from lung to heart. (do not check my spelling on any of these words! I don't care if I was a nurse in a past life or not! :)
Anyway, that's the long and short of it! I'm writing so you can pray for him, if you want to! I started a novena yesterday but I'm sure you could join in with me, it's not to late in God's time! :) This novena was given to me from my Grandma Sand. She said everyone prayed it for my dad when he was a boy and it saved his eye. The doctor said it was a miracle. I have prayed it for Thomas before and I love this novena. I love meditating on the five wounds of Christ and am always amazed that he incurred those wounds out of love for us, to save us! Honestly, I'm praying for a miracle. I praying the doctors will find a solid throat and a perfectly formed heart. Our God is a God of miracles, right? And I know He wants me to ask and put my faith in him! I didn't plan on spreading the word of this novena but yesterday my heart said, why not? a bunch of people praying and talking to God is better than one! If you don't want to do the novena, your prayers are greatly appreciated! His surgery is on the 21st of March! Jesus, I trust in You!! :)
Hope all is well! I Hope to write on the rest of the family sometime sooner than later! ;)
Happy soon-to-be Spring!!
Kristi and family
3 comments:
We'll start tonight, Kristi and we'll just keep saying it on a loop until we hear the results! God bless.
- Meg
Meg!! I think of you guys so often! We are near lincoln so let us know if you are in town visiting you folks! We'd love to see you. Thank you for the prayers!! I'll keep you updated!! Tell everyone hello from the blacks! Blessings, Kristi
Kristi,
I just saw this today (21st). Praying for you and all in the surgeries. I'm in Omaha if you ever want to reconnect.
God Bless
Erin (Ryan) Hayes
Post a Comment