Love

Love

Monday, February 06, 2012

Thomas Moving Forward

Thomas finished his antibiotic and has been off his steroids since Thursday. We've been watching him to see if his cough will return and so far it hasn't!  We're so grateful for this!  Not only has his cough not returned he has seemed to not have been set back one bit due to his sickness, lack of sleep and hospital stay!  This is very exciting!  
Thomas is now 14 months old...
Last Friday I had come home from a run and sat down a few feet away from Thomas.  I said, "Hi Thomas!"  For the first time ever in his life, he looked for me, found me and then crawled to me!  SO EXCITING!  More and more over these last few days he's been finding things farther away from him and crawling to them.  By crawling, I really mean crawling!  Not scooting, not inch-worming, real crawling!  Tiny little crawling moves and he'll get a little mixed up but then reorganize and continue with the cross pattern crawling!  It's very exciting to see this development!  Also, our baby boy is pulling up on everything he can!  I've longed for him to keep me on my toes and have me say, "oh, he's just into everything!" and we're finally there!  I love that he's into everything and curious and can see and choose what he's doing!  What a blessing this is!  He's also adjusting into the long one nap a day which is also wonderful for our family.  He's interacting with the kids much more, he crawls after them.  Grace and Anthony enjoy it, Bella isn't so sure.  I think she thinks he's going to get her and take away whatever she has.  I'm just glad he's wanting to.  That's what a baby brother is supposed to do, right?!  He now has 5 teeth and one more trying to come through.  
This week we have a "swallow test" at the hospital here to see if he aspirates when eating.  Next week we have his pre-op appointments, Strabismus eye surgery.  We thought the crawling would possibly help his crossing eyes but they seem to be worse lately, so it will be good to see what the Opthomologist says during his pre-op appointment.  The week after that he'll see the Pulmonologist and have a post-op appointment.  Other upcoming appointments are with his cardiologist for a routine 6 month evaluation.  

We are so thankful to have our cheery, content and TOUGH! little boy back.  Especially after having weak moments where it felt like the end could be near.... o ye of little faith....  We have much, much to be thankful for.  

Thank you all for your prayers and support!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

5 comments:

Paige Kellerman said...

So glad he's doing so well! Praying for you guys!

Melanie said...

Salem had the barium swallow test. Thomas will be a champ. I am so excited to hear he is crawling--I wish I could see it!

Smiler #1 said...

What a trooper! Know that you all are in our prayers!

hugs,
robyn & baby ;)

Melissa said...

So fun to catch up with your cute family. We love you all and think of you often. With all that you have going on and big decisions being made, you're in our prayers!! Lots of love from all of us.

Smiler #1 said...

Beautiful. Be assured of our continued prayers.