Love

Love

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Friendly Run

Every time I go for a run around this Texas base, I pass many people.   I always make a point to smile and say "Hi!" as I pass people.  It's nice, right?  No one ever says hello back, no one EVER makes eye contact with me!  Do people not know how to say hi?  Sometimes, when I go out, I think to myself, I'm not going look at anyone.... but who am I kidding.  I like people, I like to be friendly and when you pass people on a run, it's nice to say hi, it makes the run more fun, more positive!
  Well, on Saturday, the coldest day ever, I got my sorry butt all dressed up to go and attack the dang Texas wind.  My goal was 8 miles, a hefty 8 miles in 30* weather and too high of winds for my liking.  As I started, I was trying to decide which I liked better, running in 112*  feels like 180* weather with high blow dryer heat type wind or 30* feels like 20* with dry ice type wind...  Yup, that's what I was thinking on my run when I passed my first person.  To my surprise, the guy smiled at me as I passed him!  A friendly person!  (must be from NE where all the friendly people live)  The next few people I didn't notice as I'm pretty sure I was running with my eyes closed from the combination of the freezing wind and sunlight.  But then, there was another smile and hello and then another!   Holy smokes, what a wonderful change from all the other lonely runs!  Then I realized something.... They were laughing at me.   Honestly, no other explanation!  I don't blame them though, I laugh at me too!  And maybe on my next run, I'll where this again, just so people will look up and smile.  :)
Don't be jealous!

1 comment:

Smiler #1 said...

I, too, am amazed that people aren't more cordial in general. Well, I guess you found a way to make it work! Love the look. ;)