Here you are very happy on your 31st birthday and satisfied too after eating your homemade hot wings! Just look at that hot-wing smile!
Grace waiting with excitement
Anthony waiting patiently
He said, "I really, really miss you" My heart got so excited and starting beating a little faster. I said, "thank you, I really miss you too!" I thought how silly it might seem to be saying thank you as if maybe I didn't think he missed me. That's not the case. I know how hard it is for both of us to be apart when he has to go away for work. I know he misses myself and the kids. I know how much we miss him. (You think I would like spreading out in a big bed at night but that's not all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather him be there next to me.) I thought about how thankful I was that he still told me he missed me even though he knows I know already. Same with I love you. I'm thankful that he tells me how much he loves me and says it often too, even though I know he loves me. I'm so thankful how my heart still skips a beat and beats faster as I hear the words. Like it's for the first time. Sometimes I want to shout, "me too!" so excitedly, like he doesn't know it already! In the midst of everyday life, trials, to-do's, work, the hustle and bustle, there is so much excitement and joy just by being with this man. Living this life together and loving each other through it all.
(It may seem silly after almost 7 years of marriage and 4 kids later. I know for a fact that it's possible to feel that way even after 40 years of marriage and 4 kids later. My parents are getting ready to celebrate 40 years this summer and are the greatest example of married love. I love watching them and have always been so thankful to see there love while growing up and still today.)
My heart overflows with love and joy for this man. I'm so proud of him in every way. I know God is too. And that makes my heart smile. I'm thankful for the gift of him. I'm thankful to not take each other and the time we have together for granted and I pray that neither of us ever will.
I look forward to celebrating many more of your birthdays with you my husband! I love you!!!
1 comment:
Just had to say: pic of Bella crying = PRICELESS!!!!!
Post a Comment