Love

Love

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sweet T

Sitting in his bumbo after his 2nd haircut! His hair is the fastest growing part of Thomas!
Thomas is able to sit in the bumbo for at least 5 minutes at a time before getting tired. This is good practice for him to strengthen his upper body! (We're his personal trainers!) Holding his head up all by his self!












A few weeks ago he couldn't hold his head up by his self very well. Here Daddy is helping him.



Big sisters cheer Thomas on as he does his little exercise!







Mr. Thomas is a little peanut but he is growing! 12 lb, 2 oz at his last appointment! He's doing well. We got the results of the Cri du Chat test. The nurse called and said, he does not have Cri du Chat! Great news and it feels like a miracle!



God is working in his little life I can see it every day! (yet, I still have to remind myself to trust Him at least once everyday! And work on patience.... I know His timing is perfect.....)
Anyway, this is a big month for us, filled with several appointments. We're still seeing the OT/early intervention specialist 3x/month. They're very encouraging as they see Thomas improving with every visit and offer ideas on what to do with him to help him continue to thrive.

We saw the cardiologist last week. She said his EKG looked great and that we'll do another Echo next time to check the tiny wholes and see if they closed up yet. she encouraged me to keep our appointment with the geneticist just to get his opinion regarding Thomas. "he still has enough things going on that it would be good to see the geneticist" she said. Our appointment with him is in the beginning of June. Pray that works out because Tricare has been a little difficult to work with on this.

Today we're seeing the ENT to address Thomas' breathing issues and swallowing issue (although he has done better with sucking and swallowing)


This Friday we will see an Opthomologist for his little shaky eyes that still go cross-eyed quite frequently. We will also see the CranioSacral therapist for the 2nd time. I'm really looking forward to this appointment as well. (I'll have to tell you more about that as time goes on, I think.)

Also at the beginning of June we'll go back to the hand specialist for his little fingers.

Hopefully I'll continue to have good news to report.

Thomas is full of smiles and loves when the kids or Robbie and I talk to him. He tries so hard to laugh but just can't get out a giggle. It's funny and cute at the same time. It's good knowing he's trying to laugh. He's starting to hold up his head more and more when on his tummy. He also holds his head up as I go to lay him down instead of letting it drop to his chest. That's so wonderful to see. He looks and acts like he's about 3 months old not 5 1/2 months. But that's not the worst thing in the world. We'll keep working with him and loving him and continue to see him grow and heal, God willing!

There are so many times I look at him with that big smile on his face or in peaceful slumber and I know I'm looking into the eyes and face of Jesus. What a gift.


Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers for Thomas and our family. They keep us going and I know are working on little Thomas too!!

2 comments:

johnny b said...

Great news about all regarding Thomas! His weight gain is great. Clairvaux hasn't gained any weight since her 6 month check. I just had her in last week for her 10 month weigh in. NO weight gain. Boo. So hard to be patient. Glad to read all his advances.
I read a beautiful article in Faith and Family the other day about the comment about having "a healthy baby." My favorite part is that the women says in response to "as long as the baby is healthy."
She says...Healthy or not, boy or girl, I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms. We will take what God gives us."
I love this and am going to start saying this.
God Bless you and all your great work. If I lived near you, I would offer to have your other littles over to play while you went to his doctor's appointments.

-Marie Thérèse- said...

The picture of Rob and the girls with Thomas is PRESH!