That's where my thoughts took me as I sat here looking at this picture, kids climbing all over and around me! One ity-bity one, in particular, saying her favorite word, "mama" over and over and over again! :)
Little lake tucked in the mountains
This may be the first time a pirate visited the lake. His name is Captain Zert. Seriously, that's his name. AAAARRRGGG!
We spent a lot of time throwing small rocks into the lakes
We found a wonderful trail that led us more into the mountain range. Then the big rocks that we climbed on around the lake became small in comparison as Daddy, Anthony and Grace decided to climb the mountain rock. At that time Momma had to let go and know that Daddy knew what he was doing and keep Bella from running after them. She too wanted to be apart of the great rock climbing adventure.
Apparently, the mountain wasn't as steep close up as it looked from farther away!
They're doing a very good job!
Making it to the top!
Success!
(Rocky theme song playing in the background...)
Coming down isn't as easy as going up, but Daddy is the strongest man in the world, way stronger than Rocky (all 5 put together), and the kids are pretty awesome too!
Hydration time!! It was a hot day, no cool breeze here!
Grace telling me about rock climbing while taking a rest.
A bit further down the hiking path we found a stream and pond. Lots of skipping rocks, lots of large rocks, lots of little squirmy frogs and one LARGE, dead dragon fly that got much attention....but I guess not as much as all the rocks that were thrown, one after another, for at least an hour!
Bella did everything the kids and daddy were doing. She has no fear.
It reminded me of the time Gramps visited us in Arizona and scrambled all over to catch a lizard. He got the tail but the lizard ran off for sweet freedom. I LOVE IT! Someday Anthony will be doing the same thing for his kids or grand kids.





The maker of the buffalo chips himself. I got many pics of this fella, considering he walked right by us, very close to us. He pretty much looks the same in all the pictures but for some reason I kept snapping away! Dad and Bell kept walking past, Grace stopped in her tracks, she was a bit frightened. Anthony was staring intently. I didn't sense any fear from him. He piped up after a bit saying, "He needs a hair-cut."
The maker of the buffalo chips himself. I got many pics of this fella, considering he walked right by us, very close to us. He pretty much looks the same in all the pictures but for some reason I kept snapping away! Dad and Bell kept walking past, Grace stopped in her tracks, she was a bit frightened. Anthony was staring intently. I didn't sense any fear from him. He piped up after a bit saying, "He needs a hair-cut."
No comments:
Post a Comment