Love

Love

Monday, March 01, 2010

I do not want to forget this

01-23-10


Bella got into the toilette paper yesterday. I still hadn't picked up the pieces off the floor but it was worth the delay to watch Anthony today as he walked out of the bathroom with a piece stuck to his foot. He kept kicking and kicking his leg trying to get it off. This went on for about 15 seconds. I loved watching him kick, wobble, wobble, kick, kick and repeat the whole thing again and again. His determination was endless, his little body movement was hilarious and his proud smile when it finally came off was priceless. I wondered when he was going to just sit down and pull it off with his hand but I guess he found success his own way and in his own time. Now, it's time for me to pick up the toilette paper.


1-29-10

Sometimes we call Grace "doodle" which can be shortened to "dude" when I'm too tired to say the full word. :) Last night after getting the kids already for bed, I asked them to pick out their books. Grace was hee-hawing around so I said, "come on dude!" She slowly walked over to the books. Anthony and I were waiting on our bean bags while she looked and shifted through the books. After about a minute or two (which felt like 10 minutes) Anthony says, "come on dude!!" This may be a "you had to be there type story" but it's something I'll hear and want to remember for ever. I got the giggles which led to all 3 of us giggling for a little bit. These are cherished moments.


1-27-10


I heard Grace talking into the walkie-talkie today: "calling, testing, calling in to take care of all the people who are sick, having babies and got fired."


1-26-10


I told the kids to go outside and play today. Anthony was very gung-ho about the idea. Grace, on the other hand, went straight into whiny "I don't want to" mode. I, in a very normal and patient voice, gave her two options: 1) go in timeout and 2) go play outside. She very excitedly said, "go play outside!" That'a girl.


I went straight to cleaning the kitchen. It was so nice outside that I opened my window to let in fresh air and listen to the kids and their giggles. Giggles are the best. It's so fun to hear their conversations, which half the time don't even make sense! I guess that's part of what makes it so enjoyable!

They were running around, picking budding flowers, or weeds I wasn't quite sure, playing ring around the rosie around and around the tree. Chasing each other. Then Grace starts roaring really loud and walking around with her hands tight to her chest and pointed like claws. I knew immediately what she became. "Hey Anthony" she calls. "Let's be dinosaurs." "ok." Anthony replies as he continues to play in his own world of Anthony. Grace continues on with her roaring, creeping around the backyard, grabbing up weeds and pretending to eat them. After 5 minutes or so she comes in the door and says, "Mom, Anthony and I are playing dinosaurs, I'm the big T-Rex and he's the little T-Rex and we go RRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAR!!!!! like that. I don't know if you heard us or not.... I replied, "I did hear you! I thought there were real dinosaurs outside and it scared me, so I hid under the table!!" Grace responds with a little laugh, "Oh sorry, that was just us out there. We're pretending to find piles out there and eat them, huh, yeah, it's a lot of fun."

I love these days.



1-28-10

Everyday for the past 2 months, when I ask Anthony what we should do today, he replies, "It's too cold for water balloons." I'm guessing that will be the first thing on his to-do list when it heats up.


Also his phrase for December was "my nose is running out!" He'd say as he ran to the bathroom to grab a tissue for me to help him with his runny nose.

2-12-10

Anthony is working on his Cars Puzzles and is so proud of himself! I love how he cheers himself on as he fits another piece together. We're listening to Beethoven and my favorite part is after every song ends and Anthony claps and says "yaaaaay!!"

Simply the best.


2-12-10

Bella is 9 months now and has mastered the stairs. She wants to tackle them daily, 20 times a day. Once we put her on the floor, she starts from the kitchen, going into the living room and heading for the stairs. Once she gets about 1/2 way, she stops, turns and looks at us. It's her way of saying, "are you on your way to stop me yet??" Then she turns back to her course and picks up speed. Her little behind wiggling fast, her little toes curled as cute as can be and the little patter of her hands as they hit the floor. A site and sound I never want to forget. It's positively the simplest and most wonderful thing I see many, many times a day! She gets to the stairs and immediately, in no time at all she's 3 stairs up. As we swipe her up to take her back to the living room or kitchen, where ever we may be at the time, she lets out a loud squeal. Making it known to us that she's not happy we interrupted her journey..... And quite possibly telling us that she will not seize, she will continue this journey until she makes it to the top. For when we move her as far from the stairs as we can, she takes off for them once again with the same stop in the middle to see if we are on her tail. That a girl! Way to not give up! You can achieve your dreams, whatever they may be!!


Sometimes I walk up the stairs behind her, letting her reach the top. It's a beautiful thing to see my 9 month old delight in such an achievement!! I know that climbing those stairs is not easy. It takes hard work and determination. I can see it in her eyes... her excitement! Upon reaching the top of her mountain, she squeals, claps and quickly moves for her bother and sister's room. Awaiting her there are many, many toys and most importantly, the night light. It glows brightly and comes out of the wall. So, *taken from the movie, A Bugs Life, I jokingly say to her, "don't go toward the light!" To which she would say (if she could talk and understood my joke!) "but it's so beautiful!!"

2-17-10



Graced asked me why I couldn't have treats today. So I explained that it was the start of Lent and that I was giving up treats as a sacrifice for Jesus. We talked about what that meant. Then I asked her if she wanted to give up anything for Jesus and she said, "No, I want everything I ever want." Honestly is the best policy right?! :)


2-21-10


Best of Anthony

*While playing Yahtzee as a family, I roll my dice and Anthony yells, "whoa mom, you're on fire!"

*I start my way up the stairs to shower after my aerobics class. I stop in Bella's room to change her diaper. Anthony marches in (literally) and says, "your stinky mom!"

*A: "mom you need to cut my hair, it's getting soggy." me: "you mean shaggy?" A: "yes, shaggy"

2/28/10

While eating dinner Anthony, pointing to me, says, "when I am older I will have long hair and be a mommy like you." Grace giggles and says, "noooo, you're a boy. I'm a girl, so when I'm older I will be a mom. you're a boy and when boys get older they're dads. You will be a dad like Daddy." Anthony, nods his head and says, "yup, and I will snore." :) We were all cracking up!

No comments: