Love

Love

Thursday, December 06, 2007

the mind of a child

As I walked out of my room today, I was greeted by Grace. She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and one leg across the other. Looking up at me with her head slightly turned to one side peering out from the corner of her eyes, she says(very seriously), "Mom... Do you know the Muffin Man?" Holding back uncontrollable laughter, I said "the Muffin Man?" She replied, "yeah, who lives on dreary lane?" With a chuckle I said, "yes, I know the muffin man who lives on dreary lane." With a sheepish little smile Grace says " oh, can you sing the song?"
We did sing the song together a few times and went on with our day.

There are now two things I can't get out of my head, the way she looked at me while asking her questions, as if something suspicious was going on and the first Shrek movie, you know, the muffin man part.

No comments: