Look at this beautiful 7 year old! I was blessed to be her hairdresser today as we celebrate the day Dad, I and the grace of God, and Aunt Aimee :) brought you into this world. This is a day etched into my memory forever. The day Beautiful Joy entered into our lives forever!
Our cousins were able to come over and celebrate Bella with us. It was a beautiful and fun day!
Homemade cake, Bells request from her talented cousin Lucy. Thank you Lucy!
Darling Evelyn
Celebrating George Brett's Birthday with Royal pancakes
These two are quite the pair and work very well... a little to well together! :)
Hello Bed Head!
Sweet boy took a cat nap while playing with his favorite turtle
Spring Ball begins for the 3 older kiddos....
Surgery was quick. I think they began around 7 and he was out by 10? (it'd help to have written that same month about it instead of 9 months later to have more accurate information.:)
Everything went very well with only one complication. The nurse accidentally inflated the catheter before it was in Thomas' bladder and it caused a hole in his ureter. Rob was with him when he passed blood clots after surgery. He mentioned that he was glad I was not there because he'd never seen Thomas in so much pain. Which says a lot for the toughest boy we know. I'm Thankful for Daddy being there with him.
The kids couldn't wait to get up to the hospital and see him. At one point during our night prayers Anthony Thanked God for Thomas not dying. I think he put into words that night what all our hearts were feeling before and after. We'd been waiting for Thomas' surgery for 4 years. It wasn't until after the surgery, noticing the relief that I felt, that I realized the heaviness I had been carrying around in anticipation of the surgery.
Robbie and I switched nights/days there. He went in on a Thursday and was discharged Sunday late afternoon. The nights I stayed there he was restless sleeping in the crib. I ended up sleeping in the crib with him because that was the only way he would calm down and sleep. I think at the time it was sweet, him cuddled next to me but mostly it felt like it was the only option if I wanted him and myself to sleep. Looking back on it, it is mostly a cherished memory of cuddling close, being his momma and a grateful heart to have my boy with me.
His sweetness is absolutely heart-warming. Thank you Lord for your grace.
Post surgery, still playing the tunes on his piano with his feet while staring out the window. A favorite past-time.
Out on our daily walks around the hospital.He loved watching the cars drive down the hill from the bridge walk.
Evi pushing him in the swing.
Discharge day!
Leaving the hospital and found this as we were walking out. I knew exactly who it belonged to!
These last few pictures are from mid-may before Thomas' surgery , which was on May 26th, the day after his last day of Pre-school.
May 7th we were absolutely blessed to witness our brother Dominic and his fiance, Stephanie get married! It was a beautiful, beautiful day. Around that time most of the family was in town and we were all together celebrating and enjoying each others company. What a blessing family is. We wish we could all be close together all the time!
![]() |
| Huddled in the basement during a tornado warning makes for good times with family:) |
![]() |
| My handsome hubby and I on the party bus. Sooo sooo much fun together! Thanks Dom and Steph for getting married and asking us to share in your lovely day! |

























































No comments:
Post a Comment