Love

Love

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Matters of the Heart: Continued

There are 3 things I'm incredibly grateful for right now:
1) God's infinite love and mercy
2) The quiet of nap time
3) The dark chocolate chips I just devoured

If I was a "Hashtagger" I'm sure I'd hashtag #Motherhood right now.  Anyway, Rob, I and Evelyn took Thomas to see his ENT and Pulmonologist this morning in prep for his heart surgery.

Looking out of the 2nd floor window watching the cars on Dodge St.
These two are so cute together it's ridiculous.  I told Robbie yesterday that Evelyn is the best little sister for Thomas.  Of course, Evi has it great with T as her big bro too (not to forget the joy of the other three! there I covered them all as any mother would do.  :) ...
So, we were at Children's this morning.  No news on when heart surgery will be.  It may even be held off depending on test and scope results from these two docs.  We are in the process now of scheduling a sleep study **insert shudder here** and a straight scope and curved scope of his upper airway.  There's talk of possibly doing a complete tonsil and adnoidectomy (he had a partial 2 years ago)  and fixing some narrow part of his airway below, or maybe above, the voice box.  I don't even know what that is.  The last time we did any of these tests was 2013 so it's important to do them again before heart surgery.  A part of me wonders if we'll be waiting till next summer to do heart surgery since he's got to do the tests and possible surgery (for lack of a better word) to fix his airway first.  I guess time will tell and I'll keep updating as we know.  :)  The heart surgeon won't go ahead with surgery till he has the ok from the ENT and Pulmonologist.  

Resting in God's grace,
Kristi

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm proud of you guys and so honored to know you! Keep Trusting even when you don't feel like you are able to or you don't feel like you even want to...feelings don't dictate reality! You do Trust, and God IS Trustworthy, and Heaven is our home, and you are all on your way there, so rest your hearts in Eternity! And laugh the whole way home ;)