Love

Love

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

how sweet He is



We had a well visit for Thomas yesterday. He is doing really well! He has gained almost 2lbs in the last 2 months! Yes, I know, it's not much and he's not entering a "baby with the most rolls" contest any time soon but I'm focusing on the positives here! He's basically at 0% for weight., 14 lbs 8 oz. The nurse said -5% but when we looked up his weight on line he was at 1-3% so lets just go with the goose egg for our little gosling. His height was 25th% at a whopping 26 in and his head grew from 35% to 55% for his age! Way to go T-brain!


At 8 1/2 months old, Thomas is absolutely adorable and delightful! He is so content and happy all the time. He loves people, the kids and all social interaction. He's rolling both ways and is just starting to put his little knees under him and rocking a bit. He now holds his head up high when on his tummy! He not sitting up yet by himself but is doing better when supported. He loves the exersaucer which is awesome but we don't have him in there often b/c tummy time is sooooo important for him. He's making more sounds and loves laughing especially at siblings, mom and dad. What a joy! His hands are opening up more and he's starting to grab at toys when he's seated in his car seat or swing. When on his belly or back he just can't quite get that toy but he never gets frustrated by it! He doesn't quite have that oral fixation that most babies have so not much goes into that cute little mouth of his. His eating hasn't changed much. still getting about 18-20 ounces in a 24 hour period. I've added some brown rice, avocado, prunes, beans, pears to his diet and hope to add egg yokes and flax as soon as I get to the store next week! I want to give him protein and fat!! He receives probiotics daily and I've continued to delay vaccines till I know what's going on with him or till he gets bigger and I'm satisfied that his little body will handle the vaccine efficiently.


We started him on Zyrtec last night because we're sure he has allergies (since the day he was born.), we'll see if that helps! The doctor wants him to up his PT to every week. We had about a month break of appts which was very much needed but this month has a lot going on.


We'll do his micro array blood test for Genetics, see the Opthomologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist, MRI, Neurologist and an EEG all this month.... phew.... And that's all folks!

Like I said, Thomas is doing well. There is no doubt he has a lot to work on but he is truly a champ and so very happy. He has made progress so far, and that's what we focus on. We keep moving forward, loving and living each day together as a family!!


Oh, one more thing, Thomas started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, sleep is so wonderful!



1 comment:

Lindsay Boever said...

What a good boy! He's doing so well.