Love

Love

Friday, June 10, 2011

TGIF

Thomas' first baby food. He loved it! we're now feeding him in a different chair though, it's easier for him to eat when he's not working to keep his head steady.
playing together




The Doctor wants us to keep a patch on Thomas for two hours a day. He didn't mind it so much in the beginning but now he rubs and rubs his eyes as soon as I put it on him! It's super cute to see his little hands rubbing his eyes but a little sad to see his frustration when he can't get it off!





again, playing together!





Thomas' appointments yesterday went fine. The hand specialist said that he is able to open his little fingers more. They're not as constricted as they were when he was two weeks old. He said to continue with the little finger stretches to stretch out the skin and ligaments. We'll see the specialist again in 6 months and they'll take an x-ray of his fingers.






The geneticist said nothing new but did order another blood test to be done of all the chromosomes. It's a new test that can catch even the smallest of deletions. We have to get a special ok from Tricare to do this test since it's much more expensive. She thought maybe chromosome 16 but was on the fence about it. I guess it's good she doesn't have a strong feeling about any known condition. She also ordered an ultra sound of his kidneys to rule out any abnormalities there.






It was a big day in Dallas with really no new info but that's ok. We'll keep on moving forward. I'll I really want right now is to focus on praying and loving Thomas and all our sweet children with all my might! And my Husband too!






I want to tell a quick story about Anthony.



He turned 4 on the 7th and was so excited about his birthday. What little kid isn't? He got a helicopter from my parents and the next day played with it outside all morning. At one point he came inside...



Anthony: "Mom, the wind will blow so hard and will blow my helicopter high in the ski and I'll fly really fast to Nebraska. *(thinking he'll say how he'll see his cousins he says.....)* I'll fly straight to Mr. Goodscents and eat noodles with white sauce! Then I'll fly back home. I know where it is because it's right by Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'll be really quick, my helicopter is so fast. Is that ok, mom?"



Me: "sure Anthony, have fun!"



Anthony: "thanks, I'll be right back. Bye!"










No comments: