Love

Love

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

May I ask....

Dear Family and Friends,

I would have never felt compelled to post this on the blog until I saw that there was a couple that entered and it started a little fire in me. These two men have over 500 votes already. The other traditional couples who have applied and hoping to win are not even close to the amount of votes these two men have. There are 88 couples who have entered.

Honestly, these wedding give-aways are always kinda silly to me but I thought I'd vote for my friend for fun. When I saw this written by the two men, "Our only hurdle now lies within the societal views of Nebraskans and a skewed definition of what "marriage" really is," it became something much more than just voting for your "favorite couple."

So Please, if you have a second, I want to ask you to go to this site: http://journalstar.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=32974&s=9152703&i=1#SD
and vote for a friend of mine, Tim LeCorgne, who's engaged and hoping to win a wedding package from the Lincoln Journal Star. It doesn't take very long as even I have time to vote. You just need to register and that doesn't take long either.

It would be nice if Tim and Laura won but ultimately, honestly.... at the very least, it would be to be given to a couple who's marriage is actually legally recognized by the state of Nebraska and mostly,

(CCC1604-1605) God himself is the author of marriage. The vocation to marriage is written in the very nature of man and woman as the come from the hand of the Creator.


Holy Scripture affirms that man and woman were created for one another: "it is not good that man should be alone." Gen 2:18 The woman, "flesh of his flesh," "therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh." Gen 2:24 "and God Blesses them and God said to them: 'be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it.'" Gen 1:28


(CCC1607) According to faith the disorder we notice so painfully does not stem from the nature of man and woman, nor from the nature of their relations, but from sin. As a break with God, the first sin had for its first consequence the rupture of the original communion between man and woman. Their relations were distorted by mutual recriminations; (Gen 3:12) their mutual attraction, the creator's own gift, changed into a relationship of domination and lust; (Gen 2:22, 3:16) and the beautiful vocation of man and woman to be fruitful, multiply and subdue the earth was burdened by the pain of childbirth and the toil of work. (Gen 1:28; 3:16-19)



(CCC 1608) Never the less, the order of creation persists, though seriously disturbed. To heal the wounds of sin, man and woman need the help of the grace that God in his infinite mercy never refuses them. (Gen 3:21) ....



Ok, I could write on and on with this but you get the point. I want people to know that there are people out there who view marriage as something given from God to Man and Woman so they can become one flesh, be fruitful and multiply. I'm not trying to be discriminatory as the men said, or old-fashioned but only to hold onto what is true, what is good, what is natural....



Feel free to send the link on. The more votes the better!


Here's Details of the giveaway from the Journal Star:


When can I vote?
Round One of Voting
June 27, 2011 – July 10, 2011:
The Top Ten (10) entrants who receive the highest number of votes will move on to round two.

Round Two of Voting
July11, 2011 – July 18, 2011:
The couple who receive the highest number of votes will be names the Grand Prize Winner and receive the Ultimate Wedding package!

Do I have to register to participate?
Yes, registration is required to both submit an entry and vote. Only one registration per couple. See Official Rules and UPICKEM terms and conditions for details.

When will the final winners be announced?
The Grand Prize winning couple will be announced after they have been notified of their winnings. The winning couple will be posted at this web site.


Thanks,


k

No comments: