Love

Love

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Our December

Now that January is half over, here are a few pics from December! :) I've been wanting to write a long with them but the days go bye so quickly!

At the beginning of December, our friend Mary came to see us. It was soooo fun and really great to have her here! She and I have been best friends since we were 2 and it's a blast to see her now with our kids! They, of course, love her!





Rob and I had his Christmas party while Mary was in town. She willingly stayed with our crazy kids! It was an ugly sweater party, which Rob won! Good job dear!


Mary was a HUGE help in getting ready for this party. I had food to make, which she pretty much made (it tasted GREAT!) Therefore, I was not running late for the event! (I have a time perception problem that I'm working on daily!!!!) :)



A few months before, Mary called and asked if I wanted to run the Dallas Race with her. I said, "yes!!" It wasn't until later I realized it was the 1/2 marathon race!! Yikes!!


Not much training went into this but we still had a fabulous time and I absolutely loved running it with her! Although, I'm sure at times Mary was questioning whether or not I was enjoying myself!! :) Mary ran slow for me but we finished, with out stopping, for a time of 2 hours and 5 minutes. Not bad for a first timer!


They give Gatorade, water and beer afterwards. It's not common for me to drink after I run but what the heck, right? We deserve a beer after running 13.2 miles! :) I felt as though my legs were jello at the finish and I was in pain for days afterwards!


Still, I would do it again!!




Here's a little "girl time" Gracie and Bells painted toes. Grace did her own, she was quite proud!




Bella, playing with the toy Gran and Gramp's gave her from their house! She loves it!! I'd bet she'll be walking with it soon!




Silly Sisters!


I thought this was funny so I ran to get my camera. Why kids try and crawl over things in weird places is so funny to me! After I took the picture, I thought to myself, "she's drooling a lot!!" I checked her mouth and she had a large piece of summer sausage!! Oh my gosh! I was so thankful to have noticed before she tried to swallow that thing!! Praise God!


A Christmas gift!!
December 24th, I woke up and looked out my window. A lot of excitement filled my heart! I could not wait to show the kids-- there was "snow" on the roofs of the houses!! As I walked toward their room, I heard the same excitement that I felt. Little giggles made me smile as I walked, almost skipping, down our short hallway. As I turned into their room, the site was priceless. Grace and Anthony huddled together underneath the blinds and curtains looking out the window at the "snow-covered houses." As Grace put it, "whoa!!! look at all the snow!!! (giggle giggle giggle)" Anthony chimes in with giggles and wows over and over! Grace says, "Mom, we have to go outside and make a snowman and snowballs!!! We'll have to get warm clothes on and make snow angles!! This is so exciting!!! Then we can come in and have hot chocolate with marshmallows!" Of course, Anthony is agreeing with every word. We sat looking out side all together for a while, underneath the blinds and curtains of course. Grace pipes again and says, " All the birds have to go somewhere warmer now." I asked where she thinks they might go. She thought about it for a bit... "hmmm, maybe America or someping? Yeah, I think America because it's warm there in America." Genius.


This was the best, prefect for Christmas Eve. We never thought we'd see "this much snow" here in Texas, how exciting and put a little extra spirit in the beautiful day. We went down stairs to get some breakfast....


about 15 minutes later I looked out our back door, then ran to the front. I thought, "holy cow, it's starting to snow again!!" At that point the kids starting running around in circles with excitement and I have to admit, I joined them!






Look at the big snow flakes!! It went on all day like this! Crazy! They haven't had snow like this in Wichita Falls for over 80 years!! As you can imagine they didn't have the means to clear it either. The city called the base to see if they could use the air strip to helicopter in a snowplow! Everything was shut down... for days!!! Even our Christmas Masses were cancelled!
We ended up getting a foot of snow. Robbie enjoyed shoveling our driveway with our garden shovel and the kids and I would have played outside longer if we had snow suites and boots.



Yes, I did let the kids try the snow... one of my fondest memories as a child. I can still remember lying down in the snow, looking up at the sky, letting snowflakes fall on my face and eating the snow. Of course, I advised if it was yellow or brown to not eat it. ;)

Grace tried it first, crinkled her nose an said, "it needs sugar."


Since we were stuck inside for a few days, we found lots of fun "inside" things to do.

Grace and her lovely "famous horse" were busy having fun together.



Our "white Christmas" tree and presents from Santa Claus!




Family Game time!! Candy land!!







All dressed up and no where to go (since they cancelled Mass). I was still happy to get pictures of the kids in the Christmas Best!


These are my favorite pictures!! I love our kids, we are sooo blessed!!!



Grace, 4 1/2 Anthony, 2 1/2 and Isabella 7 1/2 months



Isabella Joy







Our Beautiful girls!

Grace Therese

Our handsome fella, Anthony Wayne


I couldn't get enough of his face!!!


He's wearing his new "fireman" rain boots.
Extra cheese please!



All three sillies!

Momma and her girls!




(FYI---> Daddy is not in the pictures because he had just finished coming in from shoveling the snow! He happily took the pictures for us. :)
A few pics from our new years trip to NE! Fun time ice skating!!


Awe, Bella loves her Godmother!
yummy in our tummy!




This picture needs no caption. It's that good. :)

Thank you for our stickers. Don't ask me how he got them on his back but I suspect his sister.
Also, he fell in love with this hat at first site!!
and his gloves too.

Our Boever family!!!


Anthony is excited about his "rocket football"
Static electricity at it's best. Anthony just got the news that it was time to take a nap, so off came his hat, up went his hair and out came the tears.....




Here are a few videos from the month. We were trying to get Bella to wave for the camera. It was this perfect little runway wave that she'd been doing all weekend! I could only get her to do it briefly for the camera and she has recently changed it to a full arm wave instead of the twist of her wrist.

Ball fun for at least a half hour. I really enjoyed all the screams. It was hilarious (to me) everytime!!

The night we got back home, Anthony decided it was time to hop on one foot. He'd never tried this with success before. He did it and was sooooo proud!! I LOVE this!!

Grace wants to show her "better than him" skills

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: