After a whole day of cleaning and loads and loads of laundry, I dragged myself out of the house for a run in high humidity. Still it felt good. I couldn't help but feel happy with the day. Coming home to say my rosary, shower and get in fresh clean sheets sounded so wonderful, especially since my kids would already be in bed, thanks to my mom. Going to bed at 1030 for the first time in a while, I thought, "ahhh, now for a good nights sleep." *fingers crossed* 1230 am rolls around pretty quickly. Bella's hungry a little sooner than usual tonight. That's OK, I don't mind feeding her. After all she'll surely sleep now till 6 am, which has been pretty normal for a few weeks now. The thought of sleeping from 1 am to 6 am made me smile as I fed her. I fall back asleep, very quickly. 330 am also came quick, Bella was hungry again! No problem, maybe she's going through a growth spurt? Back to bed... 5 am I hear a big crash of thunder and a flash of lightening. Oops, I remembered I had left the computer on. I better go turn it off, just in case. It's amazing outside! Pouring rain, the loudest thunder and brightest lightening I had seen in a very long time. I enjoyed it for about a second and then thought of my warm bed. As I lay down and start to drift off yet again, there was a big crash of thunder, then another big bang this time not outside but from my sweet children's door hitting into the wall b/c it was opened quickly. Then I see two little ones dashing into my room. Anthony with Grace's arms on each of his shoulders guiding him into my room as quickly as possible. Grace says in a shaky voice, "Mom, Anthony is scared of the thunder." They both jump in my bed and huddle close to me. I almost felt like starting into song, "these are a few of my favorite things..." but soon I was drifting off again but not for long. Grace whispers, "Mom, can I put the covers over my head, the thunder is to loud for my ears." Yes, Grace. At once her and Anthony have disappeared under my sheets. Quiet for a moment, then little giggles start to emerge. The kind where even when you are utterly exhausted, you can't help but smile and giggle a little yourself. Even if it is just from feeling delirious, like the times when you spent the night at a friends house as a child and don't get any sleep so everything made you laugh hysterically. It made me start thinking of the times when I'd run into my parents room during a thunderstorm. They'd let me sleep on the chest at the end of their bed. (That's one memory, anyway.) Then I remember another time my dad waking me up in the middle of the night to sit outside and watch the lightening. I loved that.
After a bit, the storm calmed down and I told the kids it was time to go back in bed. Grace said that her bed was all wet b/c she "like, kinda pottied out of her night night diaper." (yes, she says like and she got it from me...) I felt Anthony's pj's and he was wet too. There went my nice, fresh, clean sheets from the day before, *sigh* oh well.
I took the kids into the living room to watch the lightening while I changed sheets. Surprisingly Anthony's weren't wet. Awesome. I went back in the living room which was filled with utter excitement! The kids were sitting side by side and Grace had her arm around Anthony. They were watching the lightening and were amazed by it. I sat with them for a few minutes too, to enjoy the view. Grace said, it looks the the clouds are arguing. Something I remember thinking when I was little too. That and picturing God bowling up in heaven which created the sound of thunder and Him playing flashlight tag with the angels, which created the lightening.
I put the kids back in bed, Grace once again saying, "oooh, nice clean sheets." Yes, I couldn't wait to get back in mine too. I lay down, again, only to find out why Anthony's sheets weren't wet.... it was b/c he went on mine.
Here's to a new day filled with more loads of laundry for fresh clean sheets and a tired mom with a smile on her face, a Diet Mnt Dew in her hand, God as her strength and my loving husband for motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment