Love

Love

Friday, April 11, 2008

ahhh, I can hear myself think

Today Grace fell asleep on our bed after reading books, during her "quiet time." I prided myself on not only having her go potty about three times before falling asleep but padding the bed w/ blankets and towels to assure that if there was an accident, it wouldn't get on our clean sheets, bed spread and on our mattress!!
Grace fell asleep and I was basking in my "alone time." The kids woke up about and hour and a half later and in good spirits! Grace said that she had gone potty while sleeping. I thought, "whew! Good thing I put extra layers on the bed!" At least that's what I thought! I went in to get the towel and blankets that I knew would be wet. As I pulled off each layer, I instantly knew that that I'd be washing not just the top layers that I had put on extra but everything, right down to my damp mattress.
My idea may have failed but at least I tried! Now, I'll know better for next time. One thing I do know, the quiet time that I had was worth the extra laundry.

No comments: