Last night while cleaning up for dinner, Grace was playing her little heart out. She had bows in her hair, necklaces around her neck, purse in hand, baby w/ blanket in stroller and she was looking for her flip flops. "mom, I'm going for a walk" she said. I asked her where she was going walking. "on base" she replied. I said, "OK have fun and be safe" She blows me her kiss and then says, "see ya later" I hear the door open and realize she really is wanting to go outside and not just Pretending. So I asked her if I could go on the walk w/ her. She excitedly said yes and asked "Anthony come too?" I said sure and told daddy to meet us outside.
We started walking down the sidewalk. She says, "it's dark mommy. Monkey's only at the zoo, right?" ( she had a bad dream w/ a "big scary monkey" who came to our house and is still worried about it.) We continue down the sidewalk and around the block. Daddy met us somewhere in the middle. As we approached our house, dad says "time to go inside" Grace says "no, I want to go straight!!!" I told Robbie I would stay outside w/ her. He and Anthony head for the door, Grace says, "no Anthony stay w/ us!" I told her that he was going to go w/ daddy, that they were going to have their special time. I was going to stay w/ her so we could have mommy/Gracie special time. (be prepared for major cuteness...) She then puts her arm around my legs and pats them ever so gently and says, "yeah, 'cause we're friends mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment