I intended to begin this next post with January then February and so on. As I looked through my pics, I found none from Jan. or Feb. they started with March! I'm trying to recall those months after Anthony left the hospital and returned home. Hoping to begin a new healthy 2016! A week after being discharged Anthony came down with another fever. I took him to the ER where he went through tests and blood draws. It was determined that the fever was unrelated to the staph infection. Thankfully we were sent home after a few hours. If I recall correctly the fever spread through out the kiddos but was quick and nothing a little Tylenol and movies couldn't aid in. After that being January, I'm pretty sure we spent our February hibernating in all things school, card games and recovering. It's always a delightful thing to know that springtime is just around the corner. That brings us to March. I'm always glad to look back at pictures and recall what these months that pass by quickly were like. The silly things that happen that you can so easily forget during the groundhog days of motherhood when it feels like day in and day out it's the same thing over and over and over. Then I see this picture of Tommy in the sink and it makes me laugh.
I put his favorite beads in water in the sink. In my head it was a perfect sensory past time for him while I did whatever it was I was trying do in peace. In Tom's head it was the perfect mini-pool filled with beads. I do not know why I didn't see that coming but it provided much entertainment for the kids and I. Not mundane, but an unexpected joy in the day.... although I don't know if I fully grasped it at the time or if I thought only of the water getting on the floor and what I was going to have to clean up. None the less, I'm glad to see the joy now and continuing to work on seeing joy in the present.
It's notes like these that lift me, humble me, keep me going and bring gratitude to my heart. Thank you sweet Bella.
Praise God for messy morning hair and unzipped pajamas on a budding artist. She looks to be a budding lefty with perfect finger placement on whatever handwriting tool she uses. It's beautiful really.
She's also the perfect helper when raking up, jumping in and placing in bag the leaves in spring.
T and his handsome self in his cool, blue shoes. A great second hand find.
This pic reminds me of how long ago we started this cutie pie with potty training.... Thankfully, I really love working on patience. Plus, she's just adorable.
This girl's the master of helping herself to all kinds of things. This day it was yogurt, and it was good.
Mastering "I love you"
I got to celebrate with this beauty. One of the greatest gifts I've ever received was you Bella Joy.
When they ordered my cookie cake, they asked the decorator to make it look "happy" for me. Love!
Another birthday come and gone, but love and laughter continue on!
Our 2nd annual Good Friday lunch....
Each food represents passages from the bible regarding Christ's passion and death. As we read through our Holy Week book or directly from the Bible we pass the food that goes with the particular passage. It's turned out nice and the kids have always looked forward to preparing it and eating it together. Alleluia!
Cousins came over and dressed Evelyn. She played the part well
Mom and Evelyn not paying attention to our morning CC class. :)
This photo is courtesy of Bella. It is one of my favorites of all time. We were getting ready for a bike ride and Evi was so excited to find a mint.
Evi helping mom fold the laundry by putting on underwear.... probably underwear that's not hers either.






















No comments:
Post a Comment