Thomas started preschool in August at a school just down the street from our home. This past summer, we received a letter from his (wonderful) teacher introducing herself and welcoming Thomas to the class. I knew that day that I had some serious praying to do! The thought of him leaving home to go with people didn't know, with kids I didn't know and him not being able to speak to tell me about his day made me incredibly nauseous and upset! Thankfully God hears all our prayers and keeps people in your life to help you along so you can have peace in your heart and not think like a crazy, irrational, fearful person!
When School time came along in August, Thomas began his journey with the "real" school, as our kids would call it. :)
As we dropped him off, he got in line, and with the hand of his teacher walked into the school looking back at me. It was bittersweet. I got home and got into school work with the 3 older kids. It's really amazing how much you can accomplish when there's little interruption, for example; kid standing on pianos grabbing blinds, banging cupboard doors, getting into showers and toilets in the back round! The peace of knowing he was safe and not breaking something was really nice and allowed me to focus on the other kids.
I think 6 weeks have passed now and we can tell he enjoys school. He smiles and makes this little happy sound when he sees his teachers. It's really adorable. His classmates recognize him and say, "there's my friend, Thomas!" It's even happened outside of school. It's been really nice to have other perspectives and I love, love, love seeing his teachers get to know him, enjoy him and relish in his overwhelming sweetness! Truly, this boy give the most wonderful, big hugs that can make any heart feel instant joy! ...until he starts pulling at your hair, then it turns to discomfort with some laughter. I wish you could all know him personally, so this all wouldn't sounds so odd! :)
Anyway, back to school! I love all the reports I'm getting from the therapists and the teachers. Last week, his teacher sent me an email with these pictures! I have loved them so much.
| Thomas and his friends playing with the rain maker |
| Thomas' friends showing him the rain maker |
| The fun continues! |
| The boys giving Thomas a turn |
| Here the girls are to pick out the correct shape or number and then they give it to Thomas. Then he puts it in the bucket for them. |
1 comment:
Kristi- so glad to see how much Thomas enjoys being in school. Thanks for posting ;- )
Post a Comment