September 4th I hopped on my plane to Wichita Falls, TX. My dear friend Colby was there to pick Bella and I up. (Thank you Colby!!) She drove us to our little white kia so we could make our trip to Dallas. Robbie was landing at DFW at 740 pm. I'd be cutting it close but it didn't matter, I knew I'd be seeing him as soon as I got there. I just had to remain calm and not speed. :)
My whole drive down all I could think about was what it would be like to see him, to show him Bella. Nothing new, I'd only been thinking about this moment for 6 months. It was the same every time. I would be standing at his terminal gate, watching his plane land, waiting for him to walk up the walk way. I had planned to get someone will to hold my camera and take pictures for us (really, who wouldn't want to take pictures of a soldier coming home and seeing his daughter for the first time ever?!). I would have Bella in the stroller so I could hug him myself first!! Then we could look at Bella together. I couldn't wait to see him pick her up and hold her. I couldn't wait to hear all his comments about how beautiful and wonderful she is! How amazing she is. You know, all the things that I've been thinking since she was born but hadn't been able to share with him, at least not in person.
Bella slept for the first hour and screamed for the last hour. The longer she screamed the more tense I became. I also was headed into Dallas Friday night traffic. Some big black truck was driving recklessly, so much so that I haven't forgotten about it and it made onto the blog. Shortly after, Rob called, he had landed in Dallas! While talking to him, I hear everyone on the plane start cheering and clapping. He was laughing too. The Dallas firefighters had started spraying down the plane to welcome the troops home, all at the request of Rob's uncle Alan (head of the airports firefighters) who, coincidentally, was on the flight from MD to Dallas with Rob! I saw the sign for my exit to the airport. Bella, about to lose a lung, is still screaming and a semi-truck, who obviously didn't see me, decided to get in my lane. I just want to make it to the airport... safely. I hung up with Rob so I could focus on my driving :) I literally drove around the loops of Terminals at the airport trying to make it to the right one, I think I went around 3 times! Seriously, could it take me any longer to see my husband?? I drove up and saw him standing on the curb.
I can still see him standing on the curb waiting for us to pull up. Me jumping out of the car as he was coming up to it and hugging each other so tightly. It had to have been the best hug ever. With the car still running and all the doors open I pulled out our sweet screaming Bella from her car seat and handed her over to her daddy. AMAZING. We could not stop smiling at each other.It may not have been like I pictured it all these months but it's definitely unforgettable.
We spent the next few days in Wichita Falls before heading home to see the kids. It was so nice to be together just the three of us for a bit. I had to get a picture of the first time Bella laughed from daddy's tickles. So sweet.
Our lunch out at the club house on base. It's so funny. I found myself just staring at him sometimes in disbelief that he was really there in front of me or holding our daughter.
We went house hunting and found our new home on base. It's the first time we're living on base since we've been in. So far we're enjoying it.
My favorite picture of Daddy and Isabella! On the plane back to NE to see the kids!! Of course the plane was delayed. God loves giving me opportunities to work on patience and trust.
We were so curious as to how the kids were going to react to Robbie being there in person. The whole thing couldn't have been more wonderful. We drove up the the kids under this large sign they made for Daddy. The looked so excited and so cute. The each ran up to the car. Grace to my side and Anthony to Rob's side. Anthony was squealing with delight.
He kept pointing to Robbie and telling everyone around him "Daddy, there's Daddy!" Or "Daddy's Home!"
Grace couldn't wait to show Daddy Bella. I found out later it was why she ran to my side of the car it was to be near Bella.
She couldn't stop hugging Daddy and loved showing him Bella.

I love this picture. It shows Anthony clapping . He was at Daddy's feet just exploding with excitement and saying "Daddy, Daddy" over and over.
Lots and lots of love!

Showing Daddy Bella again and loving on her themselves. They missed her so much when she was "with Mommy bringing Daddy home." Grace looked at me after a bit and said, I saw your message you sent Gramma that said, "Praise God Bella loves her daddy!" Which was slightly true! I sent out a text with a picture of Robbie and Bella that said, Rob's Home, Praise God! Bella loves her daddy!

On the sign Grace colored the picture of the flower and drew our family back together again.
My favorite of the four of them. Grace could not wait to hold Bella.

First picture of us all together again

My mom made a wonderful dinner for us. It was so crazy to all be eating dinner together. It really felt like a dream.
After dinner we went downstairs and all played together. It was wonderful.

The kids and Gramma made a special "welcome home Daddy cake"
mmmm mmmm good!
Home for the Huskers
Driving back to TX. Isabella loves playing with her feet and We love her Roley legs.

The back view of our home. This picture was taken from the park that's right in back!


Kids seeing the house for the first time.

Having fun at the park



Our living Room
Looking into the kitchen
Playing in the Uhaul truck with Uncle Brett.
Our first morning in our new home calls for Doughnuts and chocolate milk.
Rob had another week off after we got back to Wichita Falls. It was a great week (although too fast). He's back to work now. Grace said, "I always miss daddy when he has to go into work but I know he'll be coming home tonight." It's true and I think we all feel the same way. Grace has also come up with a new "count down" not as long as our last one, thankfully! It's for the 5 days daddy is at work till he has the two days where he gets to be home with us. It's Thursday now and for the last 3 days she's been talking about how it's day1, day2, day3.... and also letting me know that in _ amount of days, Daddy will be home for 2 days. :) Hmm, it's fun to think about having our weekends together again. Thank you Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment