Love

Love

Sunday, February 01, 2009

It's our turn.

I'm sitting here wanting to do anything but write this post! At the same time, I'm having a very hard time calling anyone to tell the news that we received last Friday. Rob will be deploying (not sure where yet) on March 6th, 2009 for 6 months.

It's still sinking in, the shock has not yet worn off. We're just trying to prepare now and most of all enjoy and cherish this last month of being together till he comes home.

Thinking of the positives before the challenges, we're a family and we're in this together even when distance separates us. Rob is very proud to serve in this way, as so many others have done.

There is apparently another Captain who is also deploying the same time Robbie is (from a different base). His wife is also pregnant and due before he returns home. I feel for her too. We're not the only ones who've been in this situation before. So many have made sacrifices.

We do ask for your prayers for this difficult time. May God keep Robbie safe and bring him home to us and his new boy or girl! May I have a safe delivery, just as my other ones, with Robbie beside me in heart and mind. It's so weird, for us both, thinking of going through labor and seeing our baby for the first time without having him there!! But like I said earlier, we're in this together and we'll make it! In all things, it is Christ who strengthens us, who guides us, who gives us hope. He is our Rock. This life is for Him.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We will be praying for your family as you journey through this adventure.

Jean said...

Beautifully written. You're ALL in our prayers!