POTTY POWER
We've been serious about potty training since mid-Feb. The first few days went OK, until Grace decided she didn't want to go in the potty chair and preferred to just go in her diaper or big girl pants instead. We tried so many different things. Grace is very strong headed.... It wasn't worth the struggles and tears to get her on the potty chair and she didn't care about the "incentives" either, she'd say, "oh, shoot, I don't get (what ever it was for that minute, hour or day) _____ today. Oh, bummer." Needless to say it was hard to stay patient so we decided to just go back to diapers until something else clicked for myself and/or for her!
I ended up ordering "potty power" it arrived on Sat 3/08/08.....
She was soooo excited to watch it and immediately after went to her bed room to get her big girl pants singing "I'm a big kid now." and "no more diapers for me!" ( songs on the video) During the video she was talking back to the screen saying, "uh huh, I am!" and "yes, I do go in the big potty."
There was still one problem. She wanted to wear her big girl pants b/c "I'm a big kid" but still didn't want to go in the potty. So I put on the video again and showed her the other little kids were on the potty chair. Then I just explained that it was OK to not go on the potty but that she'd have to wear a diaper. And if she wanted to wear big kid pants, she'd need to go potty on the potty chair. Then I gave her a thumbs up like the little girl did on the video. (That made her smile:)
Before I knew it she was going to the potty by herself EVERY TIME!!! CRAZY!!! We've even gone out to other places w/o any accidents! Every time she goes she says "mom, I can wipe all by myself!" Then yells "potty power!" It's hilarious and sooo wonderful at the same time! There's been no struggle at all. The only problem is when the public toilette's have the automatic flush. She now doesn't like to go in those places b/c it always flushes "loud" while she's still sitting there. (I've even tried to cover the sensor!!) She jumps up sooo quickly!
I have just found these past few days to be amazing to see! Now, she's constantly talking about how she's a big kid! Oh my "baby Grace" is getting so big!
(PS---the songs are in my head right now and driving me a little nuts!!)
DR SEUSS
The other morning I woke up to the kids laughing in their room, it was wonderful and after 730!!! I laid there for a while just listening and enjoying laying in my bed for a little bit! I then went in to feed Anthony. He was playing in his crib and Grace was lying in her bed reading her book! (so cute) I sat in the rocker w/ Anthony feeding him. Grace climbed toward the bottom of her bed w/ her Cat in the Hat book and asked if I could read it. I asked if she could read it to Anthony and I. To my surprise she went page by page reading this book. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard!!! She pretty much has the whole book memorized, inflections and all! :) It was the perfect start to the day. I can still hear her say, "oh dear. You do not like my game? Oh, dear. What a shame, what a shame, what a shame."
No comments:
Post a Comment