Just a typical night in the black family house, Dad trying to convince Grace that "soda" is the correct terminalogy for that shiny can filled w/ goodness and mom lovingly telling her that her dad is crazy and doesn't know his right hand from his left and that it's not "soda" but that the correct name for this can is called "pop."
This has been going on since we got back from Nebraska. The poor child looks back and forth, back and forth, from parent to parent. Rob, a few weeks ago, had lucked out for the day when she, for some odd reason (possibly delusion) started calling "pop" soda. Yikes, I thought to myself, I better kick this into gear!!
It all came down to last night when Rob and I each had our own, umm, we'll call it 'can' for now, Rob said, "look Grace I have a soda!" "oooooh" I thought to myself. So I said, "mmm, Grace my pop is so yummy!" Well, this darling little girl of ours looked at us both and pointed to Robbie's can and said, "soda" then she pointed to mine and said, "pop." She had found the compromise, we both started laughing and Robbie said, "She's a genious!" Grace replied, "no daddy, I'm Grace."
5 comments:
What a funny story! You guys are great. Thanks for the update. Loving and Missing You,
The Jordan Family
Yup Robbie... you better just back off with that "soda" talk. You're messing with her Nebraska heritage there! Sooner or later instincts will take over and she'll learn "pop" is a treat that comes in cans and "soda" is something used for cleaning and eliminating household odors:) Fun story!!
That's an adorable little story! Gave me a good laugh!
(But for the record, it's called "soda." Sorry Kristi!)
Right on...jean! I don't know you but I can see you obviously have impeccable taste...you can try to cloud her judgment, Kristi, but ultimately, she is a Black, and Blacks will never NEVER be "pop"ers...just look at my mom. she grew up with "pop," and still falls back in her old ways from time to time, but even the Markey stubborness couldn't stand against the Truth...but by all means, keep trying... :-D
Well, I lean with Rob on this one (and converted my "pop" husband to soda), and had Sidney agreeing with me all the way until she got her first taste of the stuff at Grandma Dent's house...they call it pop there AND where "pop" gets her a full glass of the bubbly stuff, her allegiance stands!
Post a Comment